Monday, February 28, 2011

Varanasi--Feb.28

Damn you Varanasi food!
It had been sometime since I had hugged my toilet so I guess we were due for a acquaintance. It serves me right for accepting food from youth group members. They are just so damn good at guilting people into a snack and everything tastes so good.
The morning was not off to a good start and I had promised Ruby that I would join in her second period class so I laboured to get prepared. Despite my bodies wishes I managed to join in for the first two assemblies of the day before crawling back to my bed in defeat. A few restless hours later I searched out Hamid to get our days work started, which was visiting a few more suppliers in Bhadohi. That of course meant a long and bumpy car ride was ahead of us and my unsettled stomach was not looking forward to it. Still we pressed on visiting two of the four places we had intended, neither of which were the place I had most wanted to visit. The place I wanted to visit is strangely enough the only place I knew about prior to coming to India. We missed it because I feel asleep and Hamid was constantly distracted by phone calls. It all was probably for the best given my stomach and the fact that tomorrow is another day, I will skip going to Ruby's village with Vargha and instead hit up the last couple suppliers I can see before Hamid and I return to Delhi to meet Angus.

No comments:

Post a Comment